Sunday, September 27, 2009

Scrap Paper Sunday for 9/27/09

Many a genealogist has scrap paper with little genealogical notes written on them. I have a collection of notebooks and planners that I have gotten over the years thinking I would rewrite all my little bits of scrap notes into the newest one and then I would just stay more organized from that point forward.
Well, it just never happens. If I'm unlucky enough to be out somewhere without one of my handy dandy genealogy notebooks for note taking then I find whatever is handy at the moment, like the example below:


Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

The first bits of information I can understand; the last bits about Ky George & Elizabeth, not so sure why I was writing the information down. That's what I get for not adding a Surname next to them :(.

So my goal now is to take all these scrap notes and scan them. It will help me clean out my folders and de-clutter them and I can throw out some that I really do not need since I will have a copy saved to my hard drive. There will be those few pieces that I will keep hard copies of but I hope not to have to keep many.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

1 comment:

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Hi there, M! Love your post about the scrap pieces of paper. I can relate SO much. I have given you the beautiful new Kreativ Blogger Award. You can pick it up at Tennessee Memories. I love reading your posts and your blog is great!